This learning program is designed for beginner and intermediate watercolor learners. You will be learning the fundamentals of watercolor painting, components for designing good artwork, materials, techniques and methods with homework suggestions each week. You will learn:
- How to use water and value in watercolor painting
- Understanding the principle color mixing system with primary colors
- Wet-into-wet and wet-on-dry
- How to use masking in watercolor
- How to analyze local colors and reflective colors
- How to paint reflection and water drops
- How to paint furs and edges
- How to analyze and paint the light and shadow
- How to paint gradient washes in watercolor
- How to paint watercolor as painting shapes
- And more
In this program you will have the experience similar to a remote college learning environment. There is a dedicated website which contains the weekly learning content, references, and homework suggestions. Each week, Yong will discuss the important details of the techniques and processes of drawing with demonstrations to answer all your questions. The weekly interactive classes will lead you through learning and practicing at your own pace, so you will experience productive and positive progress throughout the program.
If you have to miss a class, don’t worry. The full videos of our Zoom class meetings will be uploaded to the class website for your easy review and learning.
When you have completed your homework assignment, upload it to the dedicated class review area for review.
Join the 10-week online learning program on Zoom with professor Yong Chen, access to "face-to-face" interactive classes and receive weekly progress review.